In this article, you'll learn how to use our import tool to add and update contacts in Senter.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To get started, you'll need to have downloaded our CSV test file.
- If your import brings your total contact count above the limit of your pricing tier, you'll be subject to the additional contact charges per SMS send.
Import new contacts
There are a few different ways to import contacts to Senter, but a file upload is the most common method. The file import process has two parts: First,you'll prepare your spreadsheet of contacts outside of Senter, and save it as a CSV file. Next, you'll use our import tool to add your contacts to Senter.
Prepare for Import
To get started, you'll need to have downloaded our CSV test file.
1. Ensure your sample list downloaded includes mobile number, first name and last name.
2. Mobile number is the only field that we require, but it’s important to ensure any information you enter as much possible, and check the quality of your data inputted.
3. Paste your contacts' information into the relevant fields in the spreadsheet.
4. Paste your contacts' information into the relevant fields in the spreadsheet.
5. Save the file in CSV format. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labelled as "Export as .CSV" or "Download as .CSV". Different spreadsheet programs will vary a little bit. If you use another file type, we won't be able to process the file,
Nice job! Now that you've prepared your CSV file, you're ready to import it to Senter!
Optional: If you want to assign tags to all of your imported contacts, simply add a tag in the insert tag field.